FOSS Responders

[Tools Review] Big Blue Button - an open source web conferencing system for online learning

This topic is about Big Blue Button reviews.

1. Name of event: GUADEC 2020

2. Kind of event: GUADEC is the GNOME community’s largest conference, bringing together hundreds of users, contributors, community members, and enthusiastic supporters together for a week of talks and workshops.

3. Is it open source: Yes

4. Tools you used to run the conference: The tools used are Big Blue Button for the event platform and Rocket Chat for communication channels.

5. Overall user experience as an attendee: Prior to GUADEC, I had not heard about Big blue button so initially I thought using it will be a big deal. Helpful enough there was a sort tutorial content on the website that simply explains the features of BBB so less stress for me. The user experience was great with amazing features I really like.
    My two favourite features were:

• The ability to data save by putting off the webcams of others. really helpful

• The feature to join in as with audio alone and also join with audio and speaking access.

The only issue I noticed was at the first two days, at the start of the event, for a few minutes there
    was a server issue in one of the track channel

1. Other: Here’s a review for the communication channel used during GUADEC, Rocket chat