Welcome to the FOSS Responders Resource Center
The following is a curated list of resources to help those affected by COVID-19 related event cancellations.
Resources for transitioning FOSS events from in-person to remote
- Organizing Virtual Events Handbook. Assembled by the Wordpress community.
- Running My First Online Meetup. How to livestream events.
- How we made the Open Hardware Summit all-virtual in less than a week. Information on tools that were used and contact information for the organizers in case you have questions on how they pulled it off.
- Virtual Music Directory - This resource was originally created for moving concerts online, and for artists, but it has a great analysis of tools that can be used to organize large conferences and events of any kind. Definitely check the “tools” section out.
Open source solutions for hosting events
- See topic here
Funding resources for affected communities and FOSS projects
- Foss Responders Fund - this is the fund run by our group.
- Here is a dynamic list of cancelled events. If your event is not already listed, add it here.
- Don’t forget to take care of yourself! Here are some apps for self-care as you plan the conference.
In addition to these resources, you can find or share other COVID-related resources in our more expansive Resource Center. Please tag #resource-center if you think it should be added to this curated list so that we can consider adding it here.